Elliot is a brilliant introverted young programmer who works as a cyber-security engineer by day and vigilante hacker by night. He also happens to be suffering from a strange condition similar to schizophrenia which he futilely tries to keep under control by regularly taking both legal and illegal drugs and visiting his therapist. When a strange feisty young woman named Darlene and a secretive middle-aged man calling himself Mr. Robot, who claims to be the mysterious leader of an underground hacking group known as F-Society, offer Elliot a chance to take his vigilantism to the next level and help them take down E-Corp, the corrupt multi-national financial company that Elliot works for and likes to call Evil Corp, Elliot finds himself at the crossroads. Mr. Robot, who has personal reasons for wanting to take down E-Corp, also reveals that he already has one ally, an even more mysterious, secretive and highly dangerous shadowy hacking group known only as Dark Army. Meanwhile, Elliot's ...
Our democracy has been hacked (Season 1)
See more »
Did You Know?
Mr. Robot has appeared on 24 2015 Top 10 lists, ranging from major entertainment media lists such as The Hollywood Reporter, Variety, TV Guide and Entertainment Weekly to popular media such as Rolling Stone, Vanity Fair, Wired and The Wrap:
- 2015 SXSW Film Audience Award: Best Episodic Series
- 2015 American Film Institute Awards: Television Programs of the Year
- 2015 68th Writers Guild of America Awards: Best New Series
- 2015 73rd Golden Globe Awards: Best Drama Series
- 2015 6th Critics' Choice Television Awards: Best Drama Series
- 2016 Television Critics Association: Outstanding New Program. Also nominated for Program of the Year and Outstanding Achievement in Drama
- 2016 Academy of Television Arts and Sciences: Best Drama nomination
You hack people. I hack time.