Captain Marvel (2019)
User ReviewsReview this title
- ruins MCU continuity
- fails to inspire a single goosebump
- is far too glib
- tries too hard to be a feminist PSA (*show*, don't preach plz)
- has a horribly miscast lead hero who is also poorly written
- made me groan when Nick Fury's eye injury was revealed
- shows a ridiculously happy-go-lucky Nick Fury that doesn't mesh with his MCU personality AT ALL
- is possibly the worst MCU film (Ant Man and the Wasp anyone?)
- doesn't deserve a 7 on IMDB (especially if Wonder Woman, a far superior film, is only .4 ahead)
- can and should be criticized without political insinuations (i.e, I want female superhero films, just not crappy ones like this).
- has mediocre at best fight scenes
- has a sidekick character that - given the circumstances - makes an insanely poor decision to "come along"
- has a weak character arc, the hero doesn't struggle enough to discover her powers and then has totally OP powers and THEN doesn't fully use them against a certain person (who won't be named, Spoilers)
- deflated the possibility of having Skrulls as villains for upcoming films
- made me revise my opinion of Brie Larson as a good actress
- is regrettably diminishing my interest in the next Avengers movie
- is regrettably making me wonder if this movie is what we'll look back on and say "Marvel jumped the shark"
It's an OK origin story, but it makes no sense as to WHY she's supposedly so powerful.
The cat was good.
The whole thing kind of reminds me of a Transformers movie. Lots of action and fancy visuals but I could fall asleep during most of it.